... thousands of years ago, Hindus used Sandalwood during significant religious ceremonies. Native to the Asian tropics, Sandalwood is an evergreen tree that can grow up the 30 feet. It is also a parasite, latching onto the roots of other trees to survive.
- Younger trees are not as fragrant or as high quality as mature Sandalwood trees are.
Properties of Sandalwood
We also supply Dementholized Peppermint Oil for other manufacturing uses (Oral, Confectionery, Pharmaceutical, Tobacco, Perfume, etc).
Other Essential Oils
Bulgaria Rose Otto
Ask if you require more information
Ms KK : +65 91992653
Sandalwood oil is rare and expensive and the price is going up rapidly as the Indian government places tighter regulations on its production and export. If you find a Sandalwood that you truly like, buy enough to last you, and then use it sparingly.
- The oil will improve with age (unlike some other essential oils which degrade with age), and you will likely never be able to replace it.
...THEREFORE, we get Analytical Report from our Supplier to ensure we get quality products!
Sandalwood Essential Oil Benefits
One of the primary sandalwood benefits I that it promotes mental clarity when used as an incense or fragrance.
- This is why it is frequently used for meditation, prayer, or other spiritual rituals.
- Try inhaling some sandalwood oil next time you have a big deadline that requires mental focus, but you still want to remain calm during the process.
Relaxing and calming
Not only is sandalwood beneficial for mental clarity, it also helps to create a feeling of relaxation and peace.
- patients who were receiving palliative care felt much more relaxed and less anxious when they received aromatherapy with sandalwood prior to receiving care, when compared to patients who did not receive sandalwood.
Since one of sandalwood’s benefits is clarity, it also can work as a memory booster.
- It is difficult to remember important things when we are overwhelmed and stressed out, therefore using sandalwood oil to promote mental clarity can help improve memory.
Sandalwood is also an aphrodisiac that can help increase libido, especially for men and provide energy.
- Sandalwood is great when added to a massage oil or topical lotion.
Sandalwood is a mild astringent, meaning it can induce minor contractions in our soft tissues, such as gums and skin.
- Many aftershaves and facial toners use sandalwood as one of their primary ingredients to help soothe, tighten, and cleanse the skin.
Due to the relaxing sandalwood benefits, it can act against spasms of nerves, muscles, and blood vessels.
- Try infusing in an oil lamp or in some of the ways below.
Anti-viral and antiseptic
Sandalwood is an excellent anti-viral agent. It has been found to be beneficial to prevent replication of common viruses, such as herpes simplex. - It can be applied to the skin to reduce inflammation from mild skin irritation such as superficial wounds, pimples, warts, or boils.
- Make sure to always test the oil on a small area before applying it directly to the skin or mix it with a base oil first. It has also been used for centuries to treat urinary and chest infections.
- If you have a sore throat, you can also gargle with a cup of water with a few drops of sandalwood oil added.
Sandalwood is also an anti-inflammatory agent that may provide relief from mild inflammation such as insect bites, contact irritations, or other skin conditions.
Sandalwood is excellent at treating coughs, since it has relaxing properties. - It can also help fight bacteria or viruses that are the underlying cause of coughs and other respiratory illness.
Sandalwood has been studied for its potential to decrease blood pressure.
Helps with endometriosis
Endometriosis is a painful condition caused by skin from the uterus growing outside the uterus.
- Taking three drops of sandalwood essential oil daily may help reduce pain and decrease inflammation.
Sandalwood is high in antioxidants that can help reduce damage caused by free radicals, which promote aging.
- Try adding 5 drops of sandalwood oil to an unscented lotion and applying it directly to the face for anti-aging benefits.
The information in this web site is provided for purpose of sharing; "as is" and "as available" basis, and without any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, and including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, performance or durability.